There was live music and an entire seating area dedicated to grilling your own meat.
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Rokkasho Salmon Festival
Last weekend, we attended the 23rd annual Rokkasho Salmon Festival. Matt purchased a ticket for roughly $18 for the opportunity to catch a salmon with his bare hands. Participants have 3 minutes to achieve this feat, and we now know that gloves would have provided some much needed traction between wet hand and slippery salmon. I really wished that I had taken a video of the event, but oddly enough, a simple Google search produced this video posted by a fellow festival goer. It happens to feature Matt's early attempts to nab a salmon.
There was live music and an entire seating area dedicated to grilling your own meat.

There was live music and an entire seating area dedicated to grilling your own meat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW! How cool! My question is, did Matt have to clean his own fish, or did someone else do it for him? And...I LOVE YOUR MEI TAI!!! I don't know what I would have done without mine. I still use it for Seth, you'll get a lot of use out of yours.
Post a Comment