Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hazel's House

After about twelve weeks in transit from Germany, our house hold goods were finally delivered to us in Japan, and I don't think there is anything quite like the impending arrival of a baby to speed up the process of setting up a home. Within a week of delivery, most everything was in its place, pictures were hung, and the house was clean. As I recall, it took the better part of a year for us to hang pictures at our house in Germany, so we were pretty darn proud of ourselves. Although we didn't get our hopes up about receiving our shipment of baby items from Iowa before the birth, we did, three days before Hazel was born. We finished setting up her nursery the morning of her birth, which ended up being a great distraction from early labor. Here are some pictures of Hazel's first home...

Dining room
















Our first souvenir from Japan...a new (used,1975) Kawaii piano!! Fun fact: apparently kawaii = cute in Japanese.
















Kitchen

















Living room 
















Hallway to the bedrooms





















Guest room
















Our room
















Hazel's room
 

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Looks great, guys! Hazel will be right at home!

I'm jealous about your new piano. Do you think we could squeeze a baby grand into our little house?? :)

Mandy said...

Love the house! so cute! Hazel will settle in quite nicely, I'm sure :-)

Abbey said...

Your house is just adorable! And I love, love, LOVE that you have a piano! :)