Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!


















Pumpkin carved- check. Pumpkin seeds baked- check. Halloween costumes assembled- check.  Halloween has come and gone in our home!

Matt and I grew up with homemade Halloween costumes, so it's no surprise that as adults we throw together costumes from items around the house. Obviously, this makes for some very interesting duos. Two years ago it was Rainbow Brite and Dwight Shrute from The Office. This year, we went as a Bee (antenna were free with our DVD of Bee Movie) and a Russian (the Ushanka hat was a must-have souvenir in St. Petersburg). I'm beginning to think we need to come up with a creative back story to explain how our costumes fit together. If anyone has a creative idea about a Bee and a Russian, please let us know. In the meantime, Happy Halloween!

Here are a few pictures from Jonathan and Danielle's 3rd Annual Halloween Party last night:

Costume malfunction...














Entomologist (Kurt), Lady Bug (Emma), and Moth (Carrie)


















Carrie and Ashley














Daphne (Katie), Fred (Ben), and Scooby-Doo (as himself)


















"High School Sweethearts" (Kim and John)


















"Scrabble Letters" (Alan and Elizabeth)


















And just for the fun of it, we were thinking this would be a good Christmas card picture...HA. Just kidding.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I loved all the costumes!

Especially Matt's from last year. Nick and I heart The Office. Bears...beets...Battle Star Galactica! (And with a nod to this year's costume as well...) VEE are zee KGB! VEE vill ask zee questions!! :)

Mandy said...

aw I love your Halloween costumes!! I grew up with homemade ones too, but we ended up buying them for the boys this year. You did a great job!