During our last weekend in Iowa, I completed my first triathlon with my brother T.J. (Olympic distance- 1.5K Swim, 40K Bike and 10K Run), sponsored by Hy Vee, a grocery store chain in Iowa.
T.J. and I up before the sun on race day

The 12+ weeks of training paid off- I finished in 3 hours and 15 minutes (15 minutes faster than my goal time; approx 0:33 min Swim, 1:34 hr Bike, and 1:00 hr Run, plus transitions). I felt so much better after this race than after completing the half marathon a little over a year ago, so I think this is a much better fit for me, plus it was great to have a bunch of supporters along the route and at the finish line!

I am ready to train for another triathlon, possibly somewhere in Europe...a road bike may just be on my Christmas list!
Family time
Lena

Uncle Matt is such a bad influence...just because you can't drink the beer doesn't mean you should give it to the baby...

Magnus

Grandma and Grandpa Anderson

Thoreson Family

Farewell
Since we are lucky enough to have both families living in the same town, we have started a little tradition of going out to dinner as a combined family the night before we leave. This time around we we ate at P.F. Changs.


We even had a surprise visit from Wolverine...

Here is a picture of the growing group, minus my brother T.J. and our brother-in-law Ben.
As always, we had a great time visiting Iowa, especially at this time of year and with so many fun events taking place. Maybe one of these days we'll come home when there isn't a wedding or holiday...doubtful...here we come for Christmas 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment