
Electoral Palace- Former residence of the Trier electoral princes and present seat of the of the regional Rhineland-Palatinate authority (aka: another beautiful government building). Impeccably manicured gardens surround this building.

Aula Palatina (310 AD) has served as a Roman throne hall, army barracks, and Protestant church...how's that for multi-tasking?

This is a more detailed picture of the same building. Note the damage to the exterior was not completely repaired after WWII. It was quite interesting to tour a city nearly destroyed in WWII with a native German...at one point I was told, "The American's did this...". Well, yes, yes, they did...but I think there was a reason for it all, right...? Awkward, but eye-opening to get this perspective.

Porta Nigra, Roman gateway

While sitting outside at this cafe, I couldn't help but feel that we were in Rome, Italy. It was a lovely trip to Trier with the Friedman's and Irsfeld's.
No comments:
Post a Comment